Francis J. Malara
Francis “Frank” Malara is a native of White Plains New York, where he currently lives and works. Mr. Malara is licensed to practice in the states of New York and Connecticut. He is a member of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, and District of Connecticut.
- Pace University School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2006
- Fairfield University – Bachelor of Science Finance, 1992
- Partner – Penachio Malara, LLP
- January 2009 – Current
- Concentration in assisting individuals, families, and businesses in restructuring their debts. Assisted hundreds individuals and families utilizing the bankruptcy process. Specially, legal areas of concentration have included Single Asset Real Estate Cases, Chapter 11 cases, preventing foreclosures on homes, ceasing garnishment of wages, preventing repossessions of vehicles, discontinuing IRS tax levies and frozen bank accounts.
- The firm also assists businesses with filing for bankruptcy protection and represents all types of parties within the purview of the United State Bankruptcy Courts.
Associate Lowey Dannenberg Cohen, PC
October 2007 – December 2008
Focused on litigation involving securities fraud, shareholder rights and corporate governance
Vice President & Co-owner The World of Golf, 147 E. 47th St., New York, NY 10017
June 1993 – September 2006
Coordinated daily operations and staff meetings. Supervised and counselled a staff of approximately 20 employees. Worked proactively with staff in order to promote superior customer service.
State Bars of New York and Connecticut; U.S. District Courts: Southern District of New York; Eastern District of New York; and District of Connecticut
Westchester County; Westchester Women’s ; White Plains; New York State; and Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys; American Bankruptcy Institute; Columbian Lawyers Association of Westchester; White Plains Historical Society; and YMCA of White Plains.