JOSEPH I. TERKELL, ESQ.
THE TERKELL LAW FIRM, P.C.
19 Bender Road, New City, NY 10956
Phone: (845) 517-0670
CERTIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- Creditor’s Rights Specialist as certified by the American Board of Certification and Academy of The Commercial Law League of America 1986-2014
- Immediate Past President of the White Plains Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Westchester County Bar Association
- Past member of the Board of Directors of The American Board of Certification
- Past member of the Board of Governors of The Commercial Law League of America
- Past member of the Executive Council of the Eastern District of the Commercial Law League of America
- Past member of the Executive Council of the Creditor’s Rights Section of the Commercial Law League of America
- Past chair of the Membership Committee of The Creditor’s Rights Section
- Past chair of the Marketing, Promotion and Development Committee of the Creditor’s Rights Section of the Commercial Law League of America
- Past member of the Commercial Law League of America’s national Member Committee and Promotion, Marketing and Development Committee.
- Member of the International Association of Commercial Collectors
- Member of NARCA (National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Publication of various articles in The Commercial Law Bulletin and the Creditor’s Rights Free Press.
- Presented annual New York State sanctioned continuing legal education program on enforcing judgments in New York before the New York County Lawyers Association
- Recognized as one of “The Super Lawyers” of the Westchester and New York metropolitan area, as published in The New York Times and Westchester Magazine
- Executive director of The United Fraternal Holocaust Survivors.
New York Law School, New York, New York 1981
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE-ECONOMICS
State University of New York at New Paltz 1978
New York State Bar 1981-present
U.S. Federal District Courts for the
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York 1981-present
In his increasingly scarce time, Mr. Terkell enjoys playing the guitar, motorcycle riding, photography, wilderness camping, and hiking.